Call for applicants: A postdoctoral researcher focusing on qualitative methods
The ‘Young People’s Climate Change Engagement in Tanzania’ (Y-ENGAGE) project is looking for an experienced postdoctoral research candidate based at Ardhi University in Dar es Salaam.
The postdoc will co-lead a methodological Work Package called ‘Picturing Climate Change’ (one of five Work Packages in the study), which entails designing and evaluating the use of Photovoice as a method, in collaboration with a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Copenhagen and representatives from the Tanzania Youth Coalition.
If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, please apply:
- Do you have an interest in empowering young people in Tanzania to respond to the climate crisis, through research design and training?
- Can you demonstrate experience of conducting qualitative research using Photovoice or other visual participatory action research methods?
- Do you have knowledge of climate change challenges in Tanzania?
- Do you have experience in publishing peer-reviewed methodological papers?
- Do you have a Master’s and PhD degree in the field of social psychology, sociology, anthropology, human geography, global public health or a similar relevant qualification?
- Do you have practical experience of working with children and young people, in either public health, educational or climate change research contexts?
- Do you have strong written and oral communication skills in both English and Kiswahili?
Details about how to apply can be found in the link to download the ‘Call for a postdoctoral position within the Ardhi University ‘Y-ENGAGE’ Research Project’